Week 6: Underground Comics

For this week, I read the comic series titled Zap Comix. It is an underground comic, meaning that there will be some pretty offensive topics. I wasn't really offended reading this comic, in fact I was more confused than anything else. A lot of seemingly random events occurred within this comic series and it was puzzling to navigate through it all. Each comic had one thing in common, however. Women were always involved in one form or another, and it was usually in a sexualized way.



It’s kind of disturbing to view but it’s no where near as bad as the underground comic I read in class this week. I cannot recall the name, but the sexualization of women was far worse in that comic than the weird jokes featured in the Zap comic series. Nevertheless, it was interesting to read what a large group of people considered humor back in the day.

Comments

Popular Posts